Main article categories:

A mother warns all parents after her son almost lost his sight because of a bath toy





Share This Article:
no shares yet!

For most children the end of the day means a bath, and the more toys in the bath the better.

But one mother warns parents that a seemingly innocent bath toy can be dangerous to children after a horrific injury left her son at risk of losing his sight.

Eden Strong was doing a bath to her two-year-old son when she noticed he was suffering from some eye irritation. She just thought that it was some water that had entered his eye, but after the bath, the condition of the eye worsened.

Her son suffered from severe subcutaneous tissue inflammation. Within 12 hours his eye had turned pink and inflamed.

I like this

"His eye protruded from his face", she wrote in a Facebook post that went viral. "He was very fuzzy. He had a very high fever".

"I cried the whole trip to the hospital, and prayed he would not lose his eye".

"A week later it was very scary. He suffered from a severe inflammation that eventually spread down his face and both eyes. They warned me he might lose vision in an eye that was in a more difficult condition, but in the end thank God the eyes recovered".

The cause of the serious eye injury was a bath toy that splashed water.

I like this

"I later discovered that because not all of the water coming out of these toys, bacteria can develop and it can not be prevented", she said.

Eden posted not-so-easy photos of her son’s injury on Facebook to warn other parents. The post has been shared over 190,000 times since it was published, and other parents have sent Eden pictures of similar injuries their children have undergone.

Eden said she hopes the manufacturers will take this to heart when they make the toys.

I like this

Since the incident Eden has thrown away all of her son's pressed-on toys.

"I think these toys are very cute. They are fun. They are inexpensive and they are easy to use, but it is not worth it".

What a journey this family has been through, and we're so glad little Baylor is fine now.

Please share to warn other parents.


Related articles:
Share on Facebook Share via WhatsApp Share via Viber Share by Email
Facebook WhatsApp Viber Email
Subscription to our news list
Full name (optional):
Prefered Categories:
Upon subscribing, an activation link will be sent to the email address you entered here. We do this to ensure that the address is valid and is regularly checked by you, so once you have received this email, click the activation link in it and you will be then added to our daily updates subscription list.

There will also be a link included in every update sent with an option to come back and change your preferences, or even unsubscribe when you want.
Stay updated with our news list!
Get updates on new articles on the subjects that interest you when they are published. You can easily unsubscribe at any time.