Main article categories:

Mother noticed strange black spots inside her baby boy's nose - and then she discovered the scary truth





Share This Article:
no shares yet!

Many people use scented candles to create a cozy atmosphere at home. But not everyone knows they can be dangerous and carcinogenic, as new research shows.

This is something Meghan Budden has experienced closely when she discovered something very disturbing about her baby son.

Meghan breast-fed her son when she discovered mysterious black spots inside his nostrils.

But what she didn't know at the time is that those black spots are behind 20,000 death cases each year in the United States.

I like this

It was just another ordinary day for Meghan Budden, who lives in New Jersey with her husband, Jeff.

I like this

But when she breast fed her son, Jimmy, she noticed black spots on a towel. And when she took a closer look, Meghan saw the same black dots inside her son's nose.

Meghan had no idea what caused those spots, and even after cleaning Jimmy's nose, there was still black soot inside of it.

Very quickly, Meghan thought about it and realized what was the cause. It were the scented candles.

I like this

There, on the candle box, was a small warning: "Do not light for more than 3 hours straight".

Meghan's scented candles began to produce soot, which spread through the room leaving Jimmy with no choice but to breathe it.

I like this

Meghan hopes her story will raise awareness about the risks of scented candles - and if you look at the statistics, we think you'll agree that more people should know about it.

According to medical consultant company Cashins & Associates, small particle breathing can cause cardiovascular disease, asthma, bronchitis, and other respiratory diseases. In addition, they state that 20,000 people die prematurely every year in the United States due to exposure to soot particles.

I like this

Moreover, soot causes respiratory problems and is behind about 300,000 asthma attacks and also responsible for the loss of 2 million work days every year.

The soot created by scented candles is so small that it cannot be seen in the air.

Experts recommend chopping the candle thread regularly and not allowing it to burn for more than 3 consecutive hours to prevent the soot from spreading around the house.

I like this

If you see the candle starts to spread soot, turn it off immediately.

Fortunately, everything ended well for Meghan and her son. She has not noticed anything out of the ordinary since the incident, and today Jimmy is a healthy one and a half year old toddler.

I like this

Watch the news report on the case in the video below:

I like this

Meghan says that from now on, she will look twice at the candle warning labels - and we should do so too.

We hope this story has helped to raise awareness about the dangers of lighting scented candles indoors.


Related articles:
Share on Facebook Share via WhatsApp Share via Viber Share by Email
Facebook WhatsApp Viber Email
Subscription to our news list
Full name (optional):
Prefered Categories:
Upon subscribing, an activation link will be sent to the email address you entered here. We do this to ensure that the address is valid and is regularly checked by you, so once you have received this email, click the activation link in it and you will be then added to our daily updates subscription list.

There will also be a link included in every update sent with an option to come back and change your preferences, or even unsubscribe when you want.
Stay updated with our news list!
Get updates on new articles on the subjects that interest you when they are published. You can easily unsubscribe at any time.