20 amazing facts about the human body that you did not know
We have a tendency to think that we know a great deal about our body. How it works and what it does (in general) at any given moment.
But the fact is that the human body is a very complex machine and we are still constantly discovering new secrets about it.
So today we bring you 20 facts that you probably did not know before.
They definitely made me look at my body from a whole new perspective.
1. Everyone's tongue imprint is unique only to them. Pretty impressive, right?
2. One hair strand is strong enough to hold the average weight of an apple.
3. The amount of bacteria you have in your mouth (even if you clean it regularly) is equal to the amount of people on earth - and probably more!
4. Soft and fragile nails with white spots on them are usually a sign of overactive thyroid gland.
5. The impulses in your brain move at a speed of about 400 km/h.
6. It turns out that there are more than four blood types - there are 29! The rarest blood type belongs to a small family group in Japan.
7. During the day, your blood makes a distance of about 20,000 kilometers. Wow!
8. The human body contains about 80 kilometers of nerves
9. The average person takes about 20,000 breaths a day
10. The human eye can detect up to 10 million colors, but our brain is unable to process them all
11. Our ears grow all our lives, at a rate of about a quarter of a millimeter each year
12. The average heart beats 35 million times a year
13. Every day, your body removes about a million skin cells - this is equivalent to about 2 kg a year
14. One square centimeter of skin contains 100 pain sensors
15. Men have fewer taste buds on their tongue than women
16. The average person consumes about 35 tons of food during his lifetime
17. During life, a person blinks for about 5 years. Fortunately, we can do other things at the same time.
18. Every given second, there are 100,000 chemical reactions in your brain.
19. Your sneeze moves at a speed of about 160 km/h.
20. It takes 43 muscles to cry, but only 17 to smile. So smile more people!
Don't forget to share this fascinating information with your family and friends!