Turmeric - 18 health benefits that they forgot to tell you about
Turmeric is an incredibly useful spice, which is used frequently in Indian and Chinese medicine, due to its powerful anti-inflammatory abilities.
That is: it is used in treatments against chest pains, jaundice, blood in the urine, gases in stomach, hemorrhages, cataracts, menstrual difficulties, toothaches and injuries.
Experts believe that most of the great values of this spice are due to its active ingredient - Curcumin.
Turmeric's anti-inflammatory abilities have proven to be even more powerful than over-the-counter medications like Motrin.
In any case, unlike these drugs, the use of this natural spice is without any side effects.
Use of this capacity of turmeric is done in order to treat Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. Even more than that, turmeric was also discovered with the ability to treat the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and is very useful in cases of cystic fibrosis.
And even more - this yellow spice is impressively effective in preventing Alzheimer's disease, reduces the levels of bad cholesterol (triglycerides), strengthens heart health and reduces the chances of heart disease and stroke and is also beneficial for the liver.
Furthermore, Turmeric successfully prevents cancer, inhibits its growth and metastases.
Turmeric can be used in several different ways:
1. Joint pain - mix himalayan salt with turmeric in a ratio of 1:2 and add a little water. Then, apply the prepared paste to the painful area and let it sit for 20 minutes. Repeat this on a daily basis and you will treat the joint pain successfully. The turmeric may leave a yellow color on the skin, but it also reduces the swelling significantly.
2. Disinfection of small wounds and cuts - put the turmeric on a well-cleaned wound before you put the plaster on.
3. Natural pain reliever. 4. Naturally colors food and pastries - you need a little turmeric to color the food you prepare.
5. Tea for life extension - make turmeric tea and enrich it with ginger or honey, so you can enjoy the benefits of turmeric and prevent many diseases and unpleasant health conditions.
6. Eases stomach pain - Turmeric reduces the intensity of stomach aches significantly.
7. Antacid - in order to cure heartburn, you must add a teaspoon of turmeric to four glasses of boiling water.
8. Anti-dandruff ointment - massage the scalp with a mixture of turmeric and coconut oil. Let it work for 15 minutes and then wash your head.
9. Glowing skin - mix 1/3 teaspoon of turmeric with whipped egg white, add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, apply on the face and rinse after 10-15 minutes.
10. Relief from sunburn - in order to soothe the burning skin, it is recommended that you apply a combination of turmeric with aloe vera paste.
11. Teeth whitening - Turmeric is great for whitening your teeth! Mix a teaspoon of turmeric with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and two teaspoons of baking soda to make a toothpaste that you can use every day.
12. Base - you can add this spice to your moisturizer, in order to unify the tones of your skin.
13. Face mask to eliminate black circles, acne and rosacea - prepare a natural paste by mixing: a teaspoon of water, a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of turmeric. Apply the paste on the face, let it work for 3 minutes and then rinse it off.
14. Dyeing fabrics without chemicals - add 5 tablespoons of turmeric to a pot filled with 3/4 of water and bring to a boil. Then, let it boil on low heat, add the wet cloth and let it boil for an hour. Then, dry the fabric and enjoy the new color.
15. Dyeing soaps at home - turmeric is excellent for the skin and it also adds color to the skin.
16. Cooking and baking - turmeric is also very effective in the kitchen.
17. Coloring paste prepared at home for children - you must mix salt, oil, flour, water and cream of tartar, then add beet to create a red color and turmeric for the yellow color.
18. Add to your meals - this spice will add great color to your meals, especially curry, it will spice up your popcorn and enrich your eggs! You can just add it to any food you want.
If you have gallstones, consult a doctor first.