Main article categories:

A 5-year-old woke up completely paralyzed - doctors looked at her scalp and absorbed the disturbing truth





Share This Article:
no shares yet!

Summer has arrived, which means a lot of sun, sunbathing, fun games and hiking.

But many children and adults don't appreciate the many dangers of hiking: especially the danger of tick bites.

"It will not happen to me", many say to themselves.

But a tiny tick can completely change your life, and to complicate matters further, the symptoms are not always clear.

That's exactly what happend to mother Jessica Griffin who became aware of this when she discovered one morning that her little daughter was completely paralyzed.

I like this

Jessica Griffin now warns all mothers and fathers to check their children well for tick bites.

The warning comes after a frightening incident that reigned terror on the family.

Jessica recalls the frightening moment when her daughter Kaylin woke up one morning and could not walk. She even had a hard time talking.

I like this

Jessica immediately took her daughter to the hospital, where doctors performed blood tests and a CT scan of her head.

Kaylin was eventually diagnosed with 'tick paralysis', the mother wrote on Facebook.

Tick ​​paralysis can affect dogs as well as humans.

When a tick stings its victim, it injects saliva, which causes a negative reaction in the immune system. This in turn causes temporary paralysis, or in extreme cases, even death.

I like this

The risk is greater when the tick stings the scalp.

Kaylin was hospitalized and remained under observation. Naturally, her parents worried as they never did.

"We have been hospitalized for observation and we hope she will recover soon! Prayers for our baby! Fear is to say the least!", The mother wrote.

Fortunately, Kaylin's condition improved and she slowly began to recover.

I like this

Mother Jessica recently posted updates about the case, including a picture of the tick removed from Kaylin's head.

"For God's sake, check your children for ticks! This is more common in children than adults!", The mother wrote.

The reactions to the mother's warning were many.

I like this

Many parents shared their stories about how they too found ticks on their children - some even shared horror stories in which their children almost died as a result of tick paralysis.

Jessica said she had no idea her posts would go viral, but she was also pleased that she was able to raise awareness about tick bites and tick paralysis.

"It's definitely something and we've experienced it up close! Check your kids regularly, in every part of their body!"

Symptoms of tick-borne paralysis

I like this

It could have ended very badly for Kaylin, but thanks to her parents' quick response, she survived.

"She is home today, and everything is back to normal", Jessica said.

But not all children can have Jessica's luck so it is critical to continue to spread the information about tick bites and what we can do to prevent them.

Please share the article so that no one will have to suffer and go through tragedy this summer.


Related articles:
Share on Facebook Share via WhatsApp Share via Viber Share by Email
Facebook WhatsApp Viber Email
Subscription to our news list
Full name (optional):
Prefered Categories:
Upon subscribing, an activation link will be sent to the email address you entered here. We do this to ensure that the address is valid and is regularly checked by you, so once you have received this email, click the activation link in it and you will be then added to our daily updates subscription list.

There will also be a link included in every update sent with an option to come back and change your preferences, or even unsubscribe when you want.
Stay updated with our news list!
Get updates on new articles on the subjects that interest you when they are published. You can easily unsubscribe at any time.