Main article categories:

Killer whale was stuck and about to die - but a man approached and did a remarkable thing to save his life





Share This Article:
no shares yet!

Killer whales always had a special place in the hearts of animal lovers. They are royal, highly intelligent, and can communicate with each other, a thing that makes them able to coordinate their hunting.

They are listed in the top of the food chain - and they use all means necessary in their chase after prey. But sometimes, the result can be very bad for them.

And that's exactly what happend for one killer whale near the shores of British Columbia, Canada. Fortunately for him, a group of animal lovers heard about the incident and acted immediately.

A large whales group was on their chase after their morning meal infront of the shores of Hartley Bay.

As the tide came, one of the whales probably swimmed on a wave, got on top of rocks and eventually left stuck. The rocks were very sharp and he couldn't move. And as the hours went by, the situation got worse.

I like this

The whale was stressed and kept crying endlessly.

Fortunately for him, one man heard the whale's crying calls before it was too late.

The man called a group of volunteers that arrived at the place to help the giant mamal.

They put blankets on him to protect him from the sun. And then used pipes and water buckets to pour water on him so he will not dry.

I like this

The killer whale understood very quickly that the men are not there to hurt him, but to help him.

"At the beginning he was very stressed, you could notice his breathing became faster. But after a while, I think he knew we are there to help him", said rescuer George Fisher.

I like this

Because the whale was so big, it was impossible to move him. And even if they tried to drag him, the sharp rocks would cut him.

The only thing they could do was to keep him wet and protect him from the sun until the tide returns.

And after he was stuck there for 8 hours, the killer whale could finally swim free!

I like this

The rescue team were so happy when the whale finally got extracted and swimmed back to the sea. Such heroes!

They stayed with the whale for 8 hours, and if they didn't act fast, the whale was probably dead before the tide returned.

"We were all worried for the whale, and we just had big luck to give the whale another chance", said extractor Herman Motter.

Watch the amazing extraction video below:

I like this


Related articles:
Share on Facebook Share via WhatsApp Share via Viber Share by Email
Facebook WhatsApp Viber Email
Subscription to our news list
Full name (optional):
Prefered Categories:
Upon subscribing, an activation link will be sent to the email address you entered here. We do this to ensure that the address is valid and is regularly checked by you, so once you have received this email, click the activation link in it and you will be then added to our daily updates subscription list.

There will also be a link included in every update sent with an option to come back and change your preferences, or even unsubscribe when you want.
Stay updated with our news list!
Get updates on new articles on the subjects that interest you when they are published. You can easily unsubscribe at any time.