Main article categories:

Mother went to bed with her dying son to say good-bye - she collapsed when she realized what had killed him





Share This Article:
no shares yet!

No parent is supposed to bury his son. But because of a new and dangerous drug, it happens too often nowadays.

In March 2017, Sherri Kent was forced to say goodbye to her 22-year-old son, Michael. No matter what she said to herself or what she thought she could do, she had no chance of saving her son's life.

So now, Sherri hopes that her heartbreaking story will save the children of other parents. In a moving post on Facebook, she shared a picture of her lying next to her dying son in the hospital bed.

"My son was not addicted or a drug addict, he made a mistake that cost him his life", she wrote.

I like this

On March 21, Michael Kent from Canada, died at the age of 22. All his life was ahead of him, but unfortunately, he lost them to Fentanyl, a powerful synthetic opioid similar to heroin, but 50 to 100 times stronger. The drug is very difficult to dose, and a very small difference separates the effect you want from it from overdose.

According to the Calgary police, Michael's case was not alone - the drug kills 3-4 people a day in certain parts of Canada.

I like this

The message on Facebook by Michael's mother, Sherri, was not only directed at Canadian parents, but at parents around the world where young people can get Fentanyl.

"I just want everyone to know that my son Michael died of a fentanyl overdose", Sherri wrote. "I just want everyone to be aware of this plague that kills young people every day and everywhere".

Michael had to try Fentanyl only once until it killed him.

He was in arrangements when a person he knew suggested that he try "the strongest" heroin. At first he refused, but a day later, he decided to try it.

The two took the drug in the toilet of a shop. But when the other man saw Michael's reaction to it, he panicked and ran away.

Twenty minutes later, the guy controlled his senses and returned to the shop, and together with the shopkeeper they opened the bathroom door. Inside, Michael was unconscious and his lips were blue.

"By the time the ambulance arrived he was already suffering from cardiac arrest", Sherri said.

I like this

Michael took Fentanyl. He was connected to a respirator at the hospital, and died a week later.

When Michael's mother realized that her 22-year-old son was going to die, she gave him one last hug.

"They made a place for me in the bed where I could lie next to my son and talk to him", Sherri said. "That was the moment I told him I was still proud of him".


Related articles:
Share on Facebook Share via WhatsApp Share via Viber Share by Email
Facebook WhatsApp Viber Email
Subscription to our news list
Full name (optional):
Prefered Categories:
Upon subscribing, an activation link will be sent to the email address you entered here. We do this to ensure that the address is valid and is regularly checked by you, so once you have received this email, click the activation link in it and you will be then added to our daily updates subscription list.

There will also be a link included in every update sent with an option to come back and change your preferences, or even unsubscribe when you want.
Stay updated with our news list!
Get updates on new articles on the subjects that interest you when they are published. You can easily unsubscribe at any time.