Here's how you'll clear stubborn phlegm from your lungs and throat (instant results!)
Winter is already here, and with it comes the season of flu, cold, and stubborn viruses. In addition, if you have babies at home, it's almost impossible to stay healthy.
Blockage of airways can cause coughing and difficulty breathing due to a lot of phlegm.
Phlegm is injected into the airways as a way of removing bacteria and viruses.
But it can also cause problems.
Too much phlegm in the lungs can cause fever, exhaustion, and difficulty breathing.
But the worst thing is when it sits in your trachea.
Fortunately, there are many things you can do to address the problem and keep the trachea clean of all sorts of nasty things during the winter months.
According to studies, ginger has many health benefits, and helping to get rid of cough is one of them. It kills germs, making it perfect when you're suffering from a cold.
Try eating 3-4 slices of ginger a day. If the taste is a little too strong, you can make ginger tea instead.
- 6-7 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 400 ml water
- Boil the water and add the ginger and black pepper. Cover with lid and let the water boil for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the pot from the fire, strain and add honey.
- Be careful not to get a burn when you drink the tea.
Honey and lemon
We all know that lemon is loaded with vitamin C, which does wonders for our immune system. Research has shown that honey works just as well as cough medicines you buy in pharmacies. Honey has anti-bacterial properties and is excellent for the respiratory tract. Together they do miracles against inflammation and sore throats.
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
Melt the honey in the lemon juice and drink 3 times a day
Turmeric contains the curcumin component which has antibacterial properties and is excellent for the respiratory tract, according to TurmericForHealth.
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder / minced turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 200 ml hot water
- Pour the turmeric and salt into a glass of warm water and stir until the salt melts.
- Gargle the liquid for a few minutes 3-4 times a day. It kills bacteria, fights infections and reduces the formation of mucus.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has a wide range of health benefits, according to DIY Remedies - in regards for overall health and also weight loss. The syrup in the apple vinegar kills bacteria and also balances pH levels and reduces the formation of phlegm.
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 200 ml hot water
- Mix the apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and grate for as long as you can
- Repeat the action daily, or whenever you need to
Using steam to treat sore throats has been an excellent remedy used a lot in the past, but with the variety of drugs available today, many have forgotten about it. But it can still work great, sometimes even better than anything.
- Some fresh thyme stems
- Fresh tarragon
- 2-3 liters of water
- Boil water in a pot along with the fresh spices. If you have, you can add a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Hold your head over the pot and cover your head with a towel so the steam does not escape from the sides.
- Breathe in the steam for as long as you can. Repeat if necessary.
- Stop smoking
- Don't drink cold drinks, room temperature drinks are better for your health
- Avoid chemicals like detergents and paint. They have a negative effect on the nose, throat and lungs
- Eat spicy food with chili and ginger, they are excellent for cleansing the phlegm
- Do not swallow the phlegm, grate it with salt water and spit out
Remember, it is always good to consult a doctor if you are unable to get rid of the symptoms.