These japanese milk rolls take the internet by storm, when I saw what's inside the dough I understood why
Tasting food from other cultures is always exciting, and Japanese food has always interested us.
When we discovered this recipe, saw how easy it is to prepare and saw the final result, we had to try it. They came out so soft and fluffy and their taste is just gorgeous!
One tip we can give is to prepare a double amount, we wished we have done it the first time we prepared it. So go on to the full recipe and learn how to make these amazing japanese milk rolls.
Here's what you need:
- 350 grams of flour
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 7 grams dried yeast
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup + teaspoon of warm milk
- 30 grams of butter
1. Mix the milk and yeast together
2. In a separate bowl, add the flour and sugar, and then the milk together with the yeast. When the dough forms, add the salt.
3. Knead the dough. If it's hard to work with, you can cover it with nylon wrap and wait for 20 minutes, then it will be easier for work.
4. Knead it for another 5 minutes. Then flatten it and spread the butter over it - it is important to remember that the butter should be soft.
5. Fold the dough around the butter. Knead the dough to make sure the butter mixes into it.
6. Place the dough in a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and allow it to rise for two hours.
7. Then place the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut it into 12 balls.
8. Put the balls on a tray with baking paper, remember to leave spaces between each ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for another 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle some corn starch on the balls and place in a preheated 180°C oven for 18-20 minutes.
10. Let the rolls cool for 10 minutes - and then start eating and enjoying!
See the step-by-step instructions in the video below:
Just by watching the video, you can see how delicious and amazing it looks.
Feel free to share the recipe with someone who will appreciate delicious rolls - they will certainly thank you later!