Try this natural home remedy for treating Bronchitis and stop the annoying cough attacks!
Winter's here, and at this time of year many people suffer from respiratory illnesses such as bronchitis - an inflammation of the bronchial membrane, the pipe that brings air from the trachea to the lungs.
According to Mayo Clinic, bronchitis is the result of cold weather or breath tract infection. Bronchitis can be relatively easy, but it may be more severe and even life-threatening.
This is what you should do to treat bronchitis at home.
1. Water. It sounds simple, but drinking one glass of water every two hours can thin the mucus and open the bronchial tubes.
2. Household Steam Polish. The cooling effect of the steam polish can do wonders in case of bronchitis. Dr. Axe recommends making one at home from 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup grated beeswax (can be found in health food stores), 20 drops of peppermint essential oil, and 20 drops of essential oil of eucalyptus. To prepare the home medicine, pour the olive oil, coconut oil and beeswax in a glass jar. Boil a pot with 5 cm of water over medium heat. Place the jar inside the pot. When the oils melt, mix well. Let the mixture cool and add the essential oils. Transfer to storage tanks, and keep in a cool dark place.
3. Steam. Just lean over a bowl of boiling water with a few drops of essential oil of eucalyptus or pine. It works because Eucalyptus is anti-bacterial and it softens mucus, where the pine is a good medicine to get rid of phlegm.
4. Hot red pepper. Hot red pepper and other hot spices dilute phlegm in the lungs and lead to a healthy cough helping bronchial phlegm come out.
5. Oregano oil. Good not only for Pizza, oregano oil is recommended because it is anti-bacterial and helps bronchial health.
6. Ginger, Cinnamon and Cloves. Ginger is known for his ability to fight the flu and cold. And as an anti-inflammatory ingredient that strengthens the immune system, it is a wonderful treatment for bronchitis. It is recommended to drink tea from 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
7. Garlic. Trust us here. Boil 3 teeth of garlic, peeled and chopped in one cup of milk or water and drink before bedtime. It works great because garlic is an anti-viral as well as a natural antibiotic.
8. Honey. Thick and soothing honey feels great not only in the throat. It is also very healthy for it. Add a teaspoon of honey for hot tea or hot lemon water in order to treat mucus buildup and inflammation. important! Note that you buy pure organic honey, and not honey-flavored product.