12-year-old girl died after using deodorant. Her mother found out why, and now she's warning others..
Paige Daughtry was only 12 years old when she died.
She and her family live in Manchester, England. Paige was a talented girl who died too soon. And her family, quite understandably, was shocked, not only because she was so young, but also because of the cause of death.
Paige died because she used too much Right Guard deodorant.
Paige, according to her family, was obsessed with spray deodorant. They believe she used the spray so many times that the fumes (butane and isobutane) from the deodorant caused her to pass out while she slept.
Her parents found her lying face down in bed and rushed her to the hospital, but it was too late. The official cause of death was 'inhalation of volatile substances'.
The autopsy revealed that both butane and isobutane were found in her brain cells, which can be highly toxic. Both substances are found in deodorant spray. Paige didn't intentionally inhale the toxic fumes, she breathed them in because they were in her room.
Paige's mother is now warning other parents about the harmful effects of spray deodorant. If your child (or you) uses deodorant spray, make sure you are not in a small, closed space.
This allows the vapors a chance to diffuse out, so you won't inhale them.
Paige was a sixth grader. She dreamed of becoming a musician or an artist. May she rest in peace.