Main article categories:

The party ended with a 3-year-old girl in a coma - now her mother wants to warn of this danger





Share This Article:
no shares yet!

Mirranda Grace Lawson was 3 years old when she passed away in November, 2016.

On May that year, the little girl was celebrating her mother's birthday when she suffocated and went into a coma. Mirranda was hospitalized and attached to life support and her parents fought for her life until the last second.

And now that Mirranda is gone, her parents want to raise awareness of the choking dangers children face every day.

Because all it took to end Mirranda's life was one piece of popcorn.

I like this

Mirranda Grace Lawson passed away in November, but her struggle began six months earlier, in May 2016.

Alison Lawson, Mirranda's mother, was celebrating her birthday at their home with her husband Patrick, and their three children, when a devastating thing suddenly occured.

I like this

According to the GoFundMe page that was created for Mirranda: "At the end of Allison's birthday, Mirranda ran to the living room. Big eyes, no sound. Time stood still. Those were the last moments before Mirranda fell to the ground; they checked her mouth, but saw nothing; Patrick started resuscitating her. The ambulance arrived. Mirranda's heart stopped beating."

I like this

There was nothing inside Mirranda's mouth, but a small piece of popcorn got stuck in her trachea and choked her.

On the way to the hospital, the paramedics managed to make Mirranda's heart beat again. But the little girl's family didn't know how serious her injury was.

I like this

When Mirranda arrived at the emergency room, she was immediately connected to life support machine.

Her family held fingers, but tragically, the doctors realized that the 3-year-old girl's brain was actually dead.

The hospital recommended the family to disconnect her from the ventilator, but they did not give up their beloved girl.

I like this

The Lawson family waged war with the hospital to keep their daughter alive, and the matter even came to court.

Hope began to run low, but the Lawson family decided to try their luck in the Virginia Supreme Court.

As the wheels of justice turned slowly, Mirranda continued to lie in the hospital.

Kind-hearted nurses supervised her, and also drew sweet paintings with Mirranda's footprint.

I like this

But no matter how much Mirranda's father and mother invested in taking care of their daughter, it took the court a long time to reach a decision.

Mirranda's condition suddenly deteriorated and she passed away in November, 2016, with her heartbroken family by her side.

It is now up to us to respect Mirranda's memory and raise awareness of the dangers of suffocation so that the fate of other children will not be the same.

I like this

How to reduce the risk of suffocation:

Also make sure to read this article to learn what to do if a child suffocates.

I like this

Please share this important information so that everyone are aware of the danger. Let's honor Mirranda's memory and make sure no child will have to suffer a similar fate.


Related articles:
Share on Facebook Share via WhatsApp Share via Viber Share by Email
Facebook WhatsApp Viber Email
Subscription to our news list
Full name (optional):
Prefered Categories:
Upon subscribing, an activation link will be sent to the email address you entered here. We do this to ensure that the address is valid and is regularly checked by you, so once you have received this email, click the activation link in it and you will be then added to our daily updates subscription list.

There will also be a link included in every update sent with an option to come back and change your preferences, or even unsubscribe when you want.
Stay updated with our news list!
Get updates on new articles on the subjects that interest you when they are published. You can easily unsubscribe at any time.